Would you like to learn more about the bankruptcy procedure and what it entails? Readers who benefitted from our recent look at bankruptcy provisions and automatic stays are sure to appreciate the following resources for more in-depth explorations of these interesting topics.
- An automatic stay can help you avoid foreclosure. Investopedia.com explains this important financial concept.
- This infographic from Good Magazine offers a look at the largest bankruptcies in U.S. history, depicted based on the size of their assets at the time of filing.
- The statute describing the automatic stay can be found in Title 11 of the U.S. Code. You can read the entire law on the U.S. Government Printing Office’s website.
- Some large U.S. corporations have filed for bankruptcy protection in the last couple of decades, as you can learn by reading this article from Business Insider.
- Futures Magazine reports that Chrysler only spent 41 days under bankruptcy protection during the 2008 financial crisis.