Depending on your financial situation, bankruptcy may be the best option for you and your family. However, that doesn’t mean bankruptcy isn’t confusing. Take a look at the following resources to get more information:
- The key benefit of bankruptcy is the discharge of your debts. To learn more about the advantages of bankruptcy, head over to NACBA.org.
- To learn how canceled debts affect your taxes, take a look at this publication from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Visit MakingHomeAffordable.org to learn more about the Home Affordable Modification Program.
- For more information about the different programs available to help you avoid foreclosure, visit HUD.gov.
- Visit USCourts.gov to learn more about the different types of bankruptcy you can file for.