Bankruptcy is rarely a simple process. Depending on your situation, you may have a range of debts that can be discharged or assets that could be protected through bankruptcy. Offices are located in Schaumburg, Aurora, Skokie and many other areas throughout Chicagoland.
- This article from the New York Times can tell you more about protecting your retirement accounts.
- When can a creditor seize your retirement accounts? Find out from Investopedia.com.
- On this website featuring an excerpt from the Illinois code, scroll down to Part 10 to learn about personal property that is exempt from bankruptcy proceedings.
- Though student loans cannot currently be discharged in bankruptcy, some advocacy groups are pushing to change that.
- For a history of the way student loan debt has been treated in bankruptcy over the years, check out this website.