If you’re curious about bankruptcy or if you think it might be the right financial choice for you, take a look at the resources listed here to find out more great information. Before filing a bankruptcy petition, however, contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney at Cutler and Associates, Ltd.
- The United States Bankruptcy Courts of the Northern District of Iowa outlines some of the most common reasons that bankruptcy petitions are dismissed.
- Student loans cannot presently be discharged in bankruptcy, but some members of Congress want to change that. Read more in this article.
- The automatic stay is one of the most important provisions of both types of consumer bankruptcy.
- Learn more about how Chapter 13 bankruptcy can stop foreclosure.
- This article from Investopedia.com discusses how the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 has affected bankruptcy filings.